Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finally killed my rear open pro on my training wheelset after 4 years and need to rebuild the wheel. the wheel is used for training in all weather, some cyclocross training and not babied in any way. I am starting with a 32h DA hub and looking at strong rim options. I am 190lbs and abuse my wheels pretty heavily. requirements are 32h, durable, cheaper is nice as is silver color but not as important, weight is less important than durability. The contenders so far are cxp33s, dt 1.2s or niobium 30s any other good suggestions, I am leaning toward the mavics as they are in stock at my lbs where i get deals. thanks

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
One more choice

carlhulit said:
so i finally killed my rear open pro on my training wheelset after 4 years and need to rebuild the wheel. the wheel is used for training in all weather, some cyclocross training and not babied in any way. I am starting with a 32h DA hub and looking at strong rim options. I am 190lbs and abuse my wheels pretty heavily. requirements are 32h, durable, cheaper is nice as is silver color but not as important, weight is less important than durability. The contenders so far are cxp33s, dt 1.2s or niobium 30s any other good suggestions, I am leaning toward the mavics as they are in stock at my lbs where i get deals. thanks
Add Velocity DeepV to your list.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Too many failures on the Velocity OC... but the Fusion or Deep V are good choices... or even just a regular Aerohead on the rear. Use heavier spokes on the DS and get the same benefit as OC without the cracking rim issue.

·
Registered
578 Posts
rruff said:
Too many failures on the Velocity OC... but the Fusion or Deep V are good choices... or even just a regular Aerohead on the rear. Use heavier spokes on the DS and get the same benefit as OC without the cracking rim issue.
ive cracked a velocity aerohead oc... rithey zero ocr wheelsets use these rear rims... i have small little stress cracks on the rims near the nipples... i ride pretty light and i am light.. and avoid potholes like no other!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.