Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
It's all ball bearings
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you skiers and mountaineers who haven't heard the terrible news, Doug Coombs was killed in a skiing accident in La Grave, France yesterday. Here is the most complete story as of now: https://pistehors.com/comments/600_0_1_0_C/

This is very difficult to believe, Doug was one of the greatest skiing and mountaineering legends of our time, and was known as one of the most knowledgable people out there when it came to safety in the mountains and avalanche country. He will be deeply missed...but never forgotten. RIP buddy, and peace be with your family and friends.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I skied backcountry at jackson hole, wy with him a few years back for a day....great guy, sick skier, was working on his snowboard the 7 summits campaign at the time......amazing dude, its terrible to hear this news.... RIP

* the link didnt work for me though?

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
I spent a lot of time..

BenWA said:
For those of you skiers and mountaineers who haven't heard the terrible news, Doug Coombs was killed in a skiing accident in La Grave, France yesterday. Here is the most complete story as of now: https://pistehors.com/comments/600_0_1_0_C/

This is very difficult to believe, Doug was one of the greatest skiing and mountaineering legends of our time, and was known as one of the most knowledgable people out there when it came to safety in the mountains and avalanche country. He will be deeply missed...but never forgotten. RIP buddy, and peace be with your family and friends.

in Alaska over the past ten years working for a helicopter company for which many employees knew Doug Coombs. I never met him personally, but he inspired and was admired by them all for his talent on the snow (some of our pilots said they often couldn't keep up wtih his descents) and his humble personality. There will definitely be sad feelings in Alaska today...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts