Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any feedback on these bars? Most of the reviews I've read so far claim that they're very comfortable, especially on longer rides. As I get older, the stretched out position on my road bike is getting to be more and more uncomfortable. I know I could go with a shorter stem, but I'm thinking these bars might just do the trick without making any drastic changes. Your feedback would be appreciated!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not sure that a change to these bars will significantly improve your comfort, but I do like these bars more than 6-7 other brands that I have used. The main thing I like is the anatomical section... more comfortable hand/wrist position than a more vertical drop that will require you to stretch out more when in the drops. Have you flipped your stem to the higher position?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bc165 said:
Not sure that a change to these bars will significantly improve your comfort, but I do like these bars more than 6-7 other brands that I have used. The main thing I like is the anatomical section... more comfortable hand/wrist position than a more vertical drop that will require you to stretch out more when in the drops. Have you flipped your stem to the higher position?
I just bought a new Ritchey Pro stem that has a 96 degree rise which is the higher position. I'll try it with my present handlebar (3T Forma 2) and see how it feels. I'm thinking though, that the Biomax bar with the shallower drop should be just about right. Well see! Thanks for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.