Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm building a new bike from ground up... got a set of wcs bars with the "cut out" in the front of the bar for the cables... I know the brake line is supposed to run in this groove, but is the shifter cable supposed to as well? using campy chorus levers, and there are two slots for the cable to exit the shifter from... was planning on just running it in the groove in the bar, anyone see an issue with this? Just want to make sure i'm doing this right, i've only run shimano before, so this is a bit new to me... thnx all.

· Registered
10,161 Posts
optional..

You can route the shift cables along the back or along the front. Guess you don;t have any instructions? You can get them at www.campagnolo.com.

I prefer the front routing, with the shift cable in the groove, if there is one and the brake cable just below it. You will need some fiberglass reinforced strapping tape to hold the cable tight against the bar, where it crosses over the top. I also apply some small pieces of foam rubber along each side of the cable for more comfort. A product called camper seal works great.

My other tip is to adjust the angle of the bars first, so the drop section is comfortable. Then position the ergo lever so the top of the brake hood is at least level, or tilted up just a few degrees. If you move the lever up too high on the bar, the brake lever will swing away from the bar, making the reach to lever much longer.

I use a length of 1" wood dowel, spanning between the top of the brake hoods to insure that both sides are the same distance from the bars. I take a measurement from the inside of the bar to the inside of the dowel as close to the end to the straight top section as possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.