Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My hub is on the way out, and I can not seem to locate a replacement freehub body on line. One mechanic suggested simply getting a whole new wheel. CRC has these entry level Campy's for just under $200 CAN.
Even if I do locate the freehub body, and spend what? $50 plus install, I am still left with a hub that seems prone to failure and hard to source replacement parts. Seems to be the new wheelset is possibly the better path to take. The wheelset I would be replacing is a Ritchie Pro DS (2009 era).
What do you all think? Obviously it'd be nice to get a higher end wheelset but budget constraints are an issue.
These are nice... $362 CAN
Hope Hoops Pro3 RS Mono Alpha 400 Wheelset | Wheels Road | 498 - Cycle Sports UK

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
What is "on the way out"? If its a bearing that is bad, you can replace it. Almost all hub bearings are standard parts which are easy to source. All you need is the bearing number (printed on the side) or the dimensions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.