Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post..

Is there a certain place the bar ends of anatomic bars should be placed? like pointed back towards the rider or pointed down to the ground or is it just what is more comfortable for the rider? Thanks

Steve

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
Smores said:
Hi, first post..

Is there a certain place the bar ends of anatomic bars should be placed? like pointed back towards the rider or pointed down to the ground or is it just what is more comfortable for the rider? Thanks

Steve
Most comfortable. Generally they are anywhere from level to pointed at the rear hub. - TF

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, TurboTurtle

So if the hoods are comfortable, don't worry about the placement of the bar ends?
Thanks

Steve

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Most folks position the hoods relative to the flats on the drops of the bars. Take a ruler/yardstick and put it in your hand. Then put your hand in the drops carrying the ruler, so that the ruler is flat against the bottom of the bar. The ruler sholut be protruding out from the front of the bike. Many people position their brake levers so that the bottom of the lever touches the ruler. Personally, I like the hoods just a tad higher, and the bar ends nearly level, maybe with just a slight downward slatn.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Mr. Versatile for the info, I can't do the ruler thing because I don't know how to tape the bar, and it would not look as good as it does now, if I did it myself.:)

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts