Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
rhino biker said:
I'm looking for a road bike frame, 32C tires, an 11-34 cassette, triple crank set, and disk brakes. Anybody make this kind of rig or is it a custom job only? ~ Jack
I don't know of anybody who makes a stock bike to that spec., but there are disc ready and/or equipped framesets available from Salsa, Cannondale, Lemond, Motobecane etc. They are usually trying to pass themselves off as "Cyclocross" bikes.

The toughest thing might be finding a stock bike with a MTB cassette (and rear der.). AFAIK, 11-34s are only available in 9 speed, and most stock road bikes are now 10. This makes buying a stock, disc equipped road bike with room for 32s and upgrading the drivetrain a more expensive proposition than it should be.

Certainly, you could start with something like the La Cruz and build it up to meet your needs.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I found it... the Jamis Coda Elite. 520 steel road frame, carbon fork, accommodates 32c tires, BB7 disks, 11-32 cassette, FSA triple crankset, decent spec, pretty reasonably priced. An ideal town / commuter bike?

PS - Anybody know anything about the FSA Vero crankset? Never heard of it.

· Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
rhino biker said:
I'm looking for a road bike frame, 32C tires, an 11-34 cassette, triple crank set, and disk brakes. Anybody make this kind of rig or is it a custom job only? ~ Jack
Salsa la cruz is everything but the triple.

· duh...
9,749 Posts
rhino biker said:
I think I found it... the Jamis Coda Elite. 520 steel road frame, carbon fork, accommodates 32c tires, BB7 disks, 11-32 cassette, FSA triple crankset, decent spec, pretty reasonably priced. An ideal town / commuter bike?

PS - Anybody know anything about the FSA Vero crankset? Never heard of it.

FSA Veros are ok, nothing special but not horrible either, one of few square taper cranks still being made

· Registered
232 Posts
IRD 10 speed cassettes

IRD Makes 10 speed 11-34, 12-32, and 11-32 cassettes and a mountain bike 9 speed derailluer WILL work with 10 speed Shimano shifters.

As far as a bike that fits your billing, how about the Trek Portland? You'll need a new rear derailluer and cassette, and it comes with 28c tires and disc brakes. 32c's may fit as well

:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.