Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a frame at the flea market a few weeks ago and I am still in doubt at to the type of bike the frame is for. I believe it is for a road bike, but it doesn't really look the part. The frame is all aluminum with a removable rear derailleur hanger. The frame has a large triangular/diamond shape to the downtube.

Here is a picture with all the measurements. The brake dropouts are 280mm from the axle centerline. The rear triangle measurements are from the axle centerline.

Thanks for the help,
Ian

·
Anything on 2 wheels
345 Posts
w98seeng said:
I bought a frame at the flea market a few weeks ago and I am still in doubt at to the type of bike the frame is for. I believe it is for a road bike, but it doesn't really look the part. The frame is all aluminum with a removable rear derailleur hanger. The frame has a large triangular/diamond shape to the downtube.

Here is a picture with all the measurements. The brake dropouts are 280mm from the axle centerline. The rear triangle measurements are from the axle centerline.

Thanks for the help,
Ian
128mm axle spacing is non-standard.
https://www.sheldonbrown.com/frame-spacing.html

I'd use it with 130mm hub, therefore making it a road bike...

·
duh...
9,749 Posts

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
w98seeng said:
why is it a BS pic?
w98seeng said:
I removed the canti bosses when I was fixing up the pic with the measurements.
news flash... road bikes typically do NOT have canti studs

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
PissedOffCil said:
As far as I know, old road frames usually have canti studs but to make everybody happy let's say it a CX frame... whatever...

but old road frames certainly didn't have "integral headsets", formed alu tubes, etc. so this ain't an old road frame

plus, a 50cm frame with a 54+ (horiz will be longer) TT?! no, it ain't a road (or cx) bike, or at least it ain't a typical one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.