Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have some pretty good mountain rides in north Georgia, so I have been thinking about mounting up a GoPro to my road bike to catch the footage. To test out the idea, I brought it along on one of our regular Thursday night rides to see how it would do riding in a pack. To make things a little bit more interesting...I played off of a running joke between a friend of mine and I about our never ending battle.

See how it was mounted here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I enjoyed the video - makes me want to ride with you guys since you guys seem to be having a lot of fun.
And the background music was awesome.

·
Damn it's hot here
460 Posts
nice ride and I didn't hear anybody yell at anyone, like my Ahole club pres does every week...lol

I like where you have the camera mounted, showing the shifters, It give perspective to the viewer, can you point me to that camera on the web???? I am interested

thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CActuskid said:
nice ride and I didn't hear anybody yell at anyone, like my Ahole club pres does every week...lol

I like where you have the camera mounted, showing the shifters, It give perspective to the viewer, can you point me to that camera on the web???? I am interested

thanks
It is a GoPro HD...here is their website.

GoPro Cameras

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ncsu said:
How do you like your Go Pro?
I like it. The video quality is much better than previous versions and it is a lot easier to mount to helmets, frames and other components than other brands.

The small video sensor still has a hard time with changing light conditions and low light though. I haven't had any helmet cam that has handled that very well. When I am mountain biking in the southeast...it really becomes apparent as there is a lot of tree cover. You can even see it in that video in more shaded areas.

Overall...it is one of the better helmet cams.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
funny vid i enjoyed the captions. I am amazed however how you guys blow stop signs and right turns, you must have had a clear view before committing those turns at full gas

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
foofighter said:
funny vid i enjoyed the captions. I am amazed however how you guys blow stop signs and right turns, you must have had a clear view before committing those turns at full gas
We did. It is really hard to tell that in the video. Luckily most of those areas are low traffic residential for that time of night too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
f3rg said:
I've never understood the point in a riser drop bar. Get a flat bar and a taller stem. :rolleyes:
The shape of the K-Wing was what I was really going for. The rise really isn't enough to worry about. I don't even think I ended up taking out a spacer under the stem.

For longer climbs...the flat sections in the climbing position are a lot more comfortable for my hands than more rounded profiles.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use an MD81 mini dv cam,no where the quality of the gopro
especially as its in need of a good clean :p

I fitted a bracket (home made) to the MTB to give a good forward view,but the brake cables on my Scott Road Bike stick out too flat to get a good view on the rd without the shot being cut in half,so I wear it on the strap of my camelback (yes I ride the road with a small back pack :D )

But I enjoyed your video,its been a while since I rode in a pack of riders,that brought back some good memories,

KK..:)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
foofighter said:
We used to do a club persuit ride with all right turns. It worked for us with an average of 24mph plus.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts