Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
You'll probably get more resonses in the General forum

As for your question, I use Specialized Pro on my Fondriest. Used to have aSpecialized Elite on my Klein but that broke. Don't know what caused it but it just stopped working. Now, my S pro has partially malfunctioned. The altimeter, temperature, and grade does not work. I will never get another Spesh piece of Shyte ever. Cateyes on my MTB for many years and not a single problem. Cateye= Japanese quality. Spesh=garbage. Ride ON!!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
SHIMANO FLIGHT DECK.. On the road
CATEYE - unknown model w/rear wheel censor and cadence.. On the Trainer
No Computer on the Mt. Bike.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
Takes a Licking...

...and keeps on ticking. Timex analog watch. Have not used a computer for over a year now. If you are looking for a basic computer I would recommend a Cateye. Simple functions and quality product.

·
Registered
23 Posts
polar 720i

I use the polar 720i. It's got all the computer functions plus heart rate monitor info, plus the ability to download all of this to your computer. If you are as much of a geek as i am, then you will appreciate it. If not, go with something cheaper....;

jim

·
Registered
210 Posts
My vote on Astrale 8 too.

Toddy71 said:
Cateye Astrale 8, rear speed and cadence.
Polar 510 broke after a year of use. Sigma wireless broke after a month of use. Back on wire and never look backed.

·
Roadie...I think...
37 Posts
Vetta RT88 wireless, nothing fancy but besides new batteries it has been running five years plus.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Astrale 8

Just got the Astrale 8 to replace my 10 year old Vetta. Wanted cadence, didn't want wireless. Very nice that the cadence is very readable for this old man with presbyopia.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts