Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase some variety of road bike basically to train for mountian bike races and wonder if the alternative road types of bikes would be a good fit. I need to get 8 to 10 hours of riding in per week. I'm considering a relaxed bike geometry from the Felt Z series. I still have to get out and test ride but would like a basic direction to start out.

Feedback and insight would be apprieciated on the pros and cons of either types. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
In my view, the differences are slight, except one: the so-called 'relaxed' bikes have longer headtubes, which make it easier to raise the handlebars to about the same height or slightly lower than the saddle. Whether or not that's important depends what you intend to do with the bike. In general, fast, competitive rides at the limit of your abilities are easier with a lower handlebar; a higher handlebar might be better for more relaxed riding just to get the miles in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.