Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Road Kill today - A snake, a box turtle and a large snapping turtle.
But 3 days earlier, I stopped and helped another large snapping turtle in a different area altogether across the road. Had to stop traffic. That one was a good size, almost too big to lift, so I tapped it w a stick a few times to get it moving to the other side of the road.
Must be my month for snappers, because about 3 weeks earlier, I had to do the same w an even larger one. That one had already stopped traffic in both directions when I came on the scene. Pretty sure it was not the same turtle as the one 3 days ago as it was a different, even larger size. Their tails look like a small gator and they do snap when disturbed.
My wife said I should have taken pix of both. Next time .

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I once came across a fish. I always felt bad that it never made it across the road. This was before I had a camera phone but I wish I had pictures.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I started photographing roadkill while out on the bike, just to see how many different species I could document. Probably the rarest I've seen so far was a mink. Also a nice owl. Several foxes. Something unknown (mangled beyond recognition). I could go on, but you get the point. I've seen probably every type of rodent here in NJ. Lot's of dead deer, but mostly does. I'm waiting for I nice big buck to photograph. And still waiting for my first roadkill bear (seen several live ones).

·
Too slow to be smart
506 Posts
I see 2-3 armadillos per ride.

The more I think about it, they're probably the same ones. I ride on the same road often...

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.