Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just move my eggbeater to the mtn bike. So, I need a new set of pedals for the road bike. I think of making the jump to the road pedals.

What are the advantages road pedals have over mtn pedals? I know mtn pedals more walkable. They shed dirt better.

Suggestion? Advice? Anything I should watch out?

·
Registered
792 Posts
You can use eggbeaters on your road bike if you want. People generally prefer something with a larger platform for road bikes though.
The pedals aren't more walkable, but the cleats are. It's a much larger cleat and it's not recessed like MTB pedals (SPD style) are.
For what it's worth I bought shimano 105 pedals for my first road pedals. I haven't had any problems in 2 years.
They can be had pretty cheap here : www.probikekit.com
Have fun.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
there's a bunch of commonly used and excellent quality road pedals. Like the guy said, check the search for more discussion than you can imagine. Or, just buy whichever ones strike your fancy, they're all good.

·
9,925 Posts
I love my Time iClics. I also love my Shimano Ultegra SLs. For me, Look sucked. (Too narrow, and due to my weight, I destroy the cleats in about 3 weeks.)

The Time cleats are the easiest ones to walk in that I've found so far. I haven't yet tried the Mavic Sprints that I got in the shop though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.