Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Team Bovine Paceline
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our regular 5:30AM group was out for it's daily ride. We noticed a small car had passed us then slowed and allowed us to pass him. This car then followed us for 5 or 6 blocks. As we approached a red light, we stopped in the rightmost lane. The car actually jumped the curb and rolled up next to us on someones lawn. The driver was saying something to one of our riders. Our rider asked him to roll his window down and when he did the words, "you are so HOT" were clearly audible across the group. I must say at this point we were all males and this was a male driving. Not to offend anyone but this just doesn't happen everyday around here. Needless to say, our rider was speechless and has earned the nickname, HOTBOY. Obviously not roadrage, but unsolicited roadlove, eitherway it was good for a huge laugh and a lasting memory for our early morning ride.

John

·
Administrator
13,151 Posts
"Umm, thanks?"

:blush2:

·
Team Bovine Paceline
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never said it was road rage. But anyway, the guy slowed for another look this morning. After flipping him off my teammate realized, that might be just what he has in mind, bad move. The story is funny and doesn't happen everyday, just thought you'd get a laugh out of it Dave; did I strike a nerve, sorry.

John

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your rider ought to be flattered. There's enough hate to go around in the world. I'm not gay but if someone told me I was hot I'd just enjoy the compliment, no matter if it came from Eva Longoria or Truman Capote. Ok if it came from Eva I'd enjoy the compliment but also be F*&^%G Fired up! At some level it's the payoff for all the miles on the bike.

·
Alien Musician
4,542 Posts
I've had a couple of occasions where a car full of women would be hooting and
hollering with the requisite "hey baby" appelations.

It even happened on the Minneapolis RBR ride of a few years back, even if
all of us were married and most of the women were young enough to be our
daughters.

But the one that comes to mind was last summer:

It was sort of weird: the car full of women in their thirties and forties who'd
been out at some kind of bachelor party or something and leaned out the
window and asked if I wanted to come to their place to entertain them.

Speechless.

"I'm a happily married man, I'm a happily married man."

I suppose alcohol can make anyone seem hot!

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,513 Posts
aliensporebomb said:
I've had a couple of occasions where a car full of women would be hooting and
hollering with the requisite "hey baby" appelations.

It even happened on the Minneapolis RBR ride of a few years back, even if
all of us were married and most of the women were young enough to be our
daughters.

But the one that comes to mind was last summer:

It was sort of weird: the car full of women in their thirties and forties who'd
been out at some kind of bachelor party or something and leaned out the
window and asked if I wanted to come to their place to entertain them.

Speechless.

"I'm a happily married man, I'm a happily married man."

I suppose alcohol can make anyone seem hot!
Ohman. 2 weeks ago I was out for a ride, and first a car zooms by and a bunch of teenage girls are screaming SEXY LEGS. I'm surprised, then scared as the driver slows down and pulls next to me. Then I see they're myclasmates. go figure.
Next, I'm doing intervals and am out of the saddle. Car goes by and gooses me. I nearly go over the front of the handlebars. I then go "Are they following me?"
...it was a different group of girls, not from my school.
Scarier than road rage drivers :p
-estone2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.