Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock Fuji seatpost that has limited tilt adjustments. I am looking for a seatpost that can make micro tilt adjustments.
Also, is there any advantage to using a carbon seatpost?

Thanks for your help....

· Hucken The Fard Up !
4,605 Posts
FSA K Force has a good microtilt adjustment

Carbon seatpost seems to absorb more the road vibrations... I did notice the difference compared to an Alu seatpost.

· Registered
2,620 Posts
Ventruck said:
I joined the Thomson "bandwagon" ............
I installed my new Thomson Masterpiece post last night. It replaced an Easton EC70 (carbon) that had been on the bike for a little over 4 years.

Very easy to put the saddle on and adjust perfectly.

I'm sure it'll make me faster, too. :D

· Registered
136 Posts
I had an Alpha-q carbon seatpost (no longer made) in my super six, and the saddle rails slipped in the clamp all the time. I switched to a Thompson and have no regrets. You won't find a more proven design. I used plenty of carbon assembly compound and try to periodically loosen the bolt and move it around to keep it from seizing.

· Registered
191 Posts
Thomson elite or the more expensive Masterpiece, Easy and Nice adjustments.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"I've been struggling with getting my saddle level, too. Would it be accurate to say that any two-bolt seat post will allow micro-adjustment of the saddle's tilt?"

The Fuji seat post I have is a two-bolt system and I am not able to make micro-adjustments. That is why I am interested in a replacement....

GCA

· Registered
2,655 Posts
Easton EA70

Aluminum, micro adjust tilt via use of two bolt system similar to FSA and others. Well made, easy to adjust with good clamping power and not expensive. Carbon, it's not going to make a difference in performance so unless you feel the need, I wouldn't bother.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.