Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· thien™
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So longer days are here, and I'm thinking, we need to get an afterwork ride going! I'm thinking either Wednesday or Thursday afternoon.

I'm thinking maybe a quick portola loop ride? Suggestions on times and meeting places? :)

· Registered
242 Posts
You know I've been doing a BEFORE work ride since February. It's every Tuesday and Thursday. On Tuesdays we meet at El Monte & Foothill expressway at 6:30 am and ride up OLH. On Thursdays we meet at El Monte and Foothill expressway and ride up Moody Rd. I know those rides are pretty early but it's the only way to really "beat the heat". As usual everyone is welcome to join us. Our pace is not super fast but has been getting faster as we get fitter. Here are my stats this week from both rides:

Update: Dumb image!

· thien™
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We could meet at the park and ride at the corner of Page Mill/Arastradero, then we head up Arastradero, onto Alpine, right at Portola, left up OLH, meet at the top, drop down 84... :D

I'm open for more suggestions as well. So far, we have the Rings of Fire, OLH, or a casual portola loop.

· thien™
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
velogirl said:
any progress on this? I'm definitely interested, although not available every week. my vote is for a bit further north since I'm in San Mateo.
Lets start this week. Maybe you and I can start from San Mateo and pick up others on the way down.

Portola Loop?

· thien™
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So to start, lets plan for this Thursday. Intersection of Canada and Edgewood. We'll head south, do the Portola Loop and some will head back to Edgewood and Canada and others will break off and head home.

I'm assuming most people are working 9-5, so would 5:30 work?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.