Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the overwhelming positive responses we have received from the March 2nd group ride, we're doing it again!

Same meeting place (Palo Alto VA parking lot), Same meeting time (9 am).

The route will be the same, since it seemed to work well for all the various types of riders we had.

Here's the map of the VA parking lot and where to meet.

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gregg said:
What are the premes?
you'll get to be in this picture...

But for those that need something more tangible, we'll have socks (first come, first served, until they're gone)... and a good supply of stickers.

But most importantly we'll have miles and miles of smiles. :D

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks sometimerider, that's the exact route "most" of us took. I think a few people added on a few extra turns and hills (by accident :mad2: ). But yes, that's the official route...

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Squidward said:
You mean like my buddy and I missing Junipero Serra altogether and riding up Alpine Road for about two miles before figuring out that we were in the wrong place?
Nah, I didn't mean you Squidward, I was poking fun at a couple friends who took a wrong turn and got back to the start a different way. :p

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
CrankyMonkey said:
UPDATE: Just got the kibosh from my wife! She already has plans that day... :(
UPDATE to the UPDATE: I could still start with you guys and cut off at Sandhill and head home. Better then nothing.
Dang!

Definitely come out and ride what you can! :thumbsup:

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Squidward said:
Thanks! It's a suggestion and I guess someone needs to make a call on which route we will take.
The route will be the same as we did last time... I think most people enjoyed the descent down Whiskey, the short climb up Sand HIll, and then the descent down. If someone wants to return via 84 to Alameda de Las Pulgas, they're more than free to do so, at that point of the ride, we imagine the ride might be a little broken up anyhow.

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
grrrah said:
I'ma dragging my dad out for this one. Will be a recovery ride from boggs.

If we start dragging the sweeper too much, We'll let them know and find our own way back.
I think your dad will enjoy the ride. :thumbsup:

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Just a reminder - the April RoadBikeReview ride is this sunday!

out of curiosity, how many people are actually interested in a lil grill out at the finish? Before we make plans to bring a grill and cooler out, I'd like to get a head count of how many people actually plan to stick around afterwards and want to eat.

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Squidward said:
Ditto. My buddy from the last ride will be there, too.
Well, I'm thinking I'll bring a cooler with ice and everyone that's hanging out afterwards can bring whatever they'd like to grill up, and we'll keep it in the cooler to stay cold. I'll contribute a few things, not sure what yet though.

BUT, if there aren't that many sticking around, maybe it'd be best to just go as a group to a local spot and dine?

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
9 AM start is still the official start time... I think most people arrived about 10-20 mins before the ride. You might want to show up a lil earlier to snag socks, before they're gone.

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
No Grilling...

So.... after some discussions with the VA hospital, we will not be able to tailgate after the ride. At least not with a grill... :( We're going to have to default to foods that do not have to be prepared...

I'll still bring the cooler, with ice, if anyone wants to bring anything that needs to be chilled. I'll probably bring the essentials to making sandwiches..

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
CrankyMonkey said:
So what your saying is we won't be able to roast a pig in the parking lot, setup an above ground pool and have ourselves pool party?
Not at all! We can't roast a pig... but who said anything about canceling the pool party? :D

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Squidward said:
Sorry, folks, something came up and I will not be able to make it to this ride. Next month?
we missed ya Squidward! Next month fa sho'... I think it'll be may 4th.

There is also a RoadBikeReview/Silicon Valley Cycling Center ride next Sunday leaving from Campbell.

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
kaizen said:
Thanks all for the great ride!

I would love to know how you got back to the parking lot. :confused: I lost you on Canada and ended up just backtracking by memory.
Dude, those were some sweet spinergy wheels you were rollin' on. I'll have to take a closer look at the next ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.