Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
9 AM start is still the official start time... I think most people arrived about 10-20 mins before the ride. You might want to show up a lil earlier to snag socks, before they're gone.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'll be there and Gee3 is 95% sure too. I bring some dogs to grill.

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
No Grilling...

So.... after some discussions with the VA hospital, we will not be able to tailgate after the ride. At least not with a grill... :( We're going to have to default to foods that do not have to be prepared...

I'll still bring the cooler, with ice, if anyone wants to bring anything that needs to be chilled. I'll probably bring the essentials to making sandwiches..

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
CrankyMonkey said:
So what your saying is we won't be able to roast a pig in the parking lot, setup an above ground pool and have ourselves pool party?
Not at all! We can't roast a pig... but who said anything about canceling the pool party? :D

·
Slow and Steady
227 Posts
NeCrO632 said:
Um...I don't think that type of cuisine very popular around these parts...

Besides..why would you want to eat one of these? Look how sad they are...
I guess I can't try any of steelblue's puppy jerky... Oh well... next time! haha!

·
Registered
0 Posts
CrankyMonkey said:
So what your saying is we won't be able to roast a pig in the parking lot, setup an above ground pool and have ourselves pool party?
Hey Thien... Can you ask the VA where their exterior faucets are? We can start to fill the pool before we roll in the morning and it should be just right when we get back...

This should work just about right...

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Squidward said:
Sorry, folks, something came up and I will not be able to make it to this ride. Next month?
we missed ya Squidward! Next month fa sho'... I think it'll be may 4th.

There is also a RoadBikeReview/Silicon Valley Cycling Center ride next Sunday leaving from Campbell.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Great ride today!

Today's ride was a ton of fun, I'll be back each month! Plus, you get The Official Stephen Colbert Peabody Award Winning tortilla chip (Doritos) afterward. You can't beat that!

·
thien™
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
kaizen said:
Thanks all for the great ride!

I would love to know how you got back to the parking lot. :confused: I lost you on Canada and ended up just backtracking by memory.
Dude, those were some sweet spinergy wheels you were rollin' on. I'll have to take a closer look at the next ride.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.