Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Post Starts a Photo Tag Game for Members of the Road Bike Review Community.​

How to Play:
Be the first to post a picture of the your bike in similiar place or with a similiar object as the last posted photo tag in this thread. As part of the response you must post the next "tag" photo. If you are the first then you become the new "Winner" of RBR photo tag.

Rules of RBR Photo Tag.
1) All photos must include your bike in the frame.
2) Pictures must be taken by you (or a friend riding with you). Do not use pictures found on the internet or other sources for tag sites.
3) You should ride your bike to and from the photo the "Tag Sites".
4) Use good judgement about "Tag Sites". Make it something that people are likely to have something similiar within riding distance.
5) If it's not crystal clear from the photo, provide a small bit of guidance about the kind of photo tag you hope to get in response. For example, if you post a picture of your bike with a Merry Go Round and hope to the next tag is also a Merry Go Round then make that part of your post. If not people WILL respond with their bike and a Ferris Wheel, which without guidance from the original poster is a valid tag.
6) If the current tag ages to the point that shows "4 Days Ago" or more in the top left, it is an expiried tag. The first RBRer to post a new photo referencing the current expiried tag photo and new tag photo becomes the current "winner". (I will illustrate an example of what I mean by this in the first post).
7) You can't tag your own photo. If you are the current "winner" sit back and let others enjoy the fun.
8) You won't be able to play every time. Some tags just won't exist everywhere in the world. Sit back and wait for your opportunity and enjoy the shots.
9) You will get skunked. You'll ride out and get a "tag" and somebody will already have beat you to it by the time you get your post up. It's part of the game and part of the fun, go with the flow and enjoy the shots.
10) This is just a bit of fun, not a serious competition. Don't take it too seriously. If it gets out of hand and becomes no fun...the Mods will lock up the thread and let fade down the page.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
There were too many words and I didn't read them all now I have this embarrassing post that makes it clear that I didn't read all the words and I feel a little foolish and I still don't have a picture of my local WWI memorial or anything else so you should have stopped reading a while ago and continued with the game.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I'd say your local WWl Memorial would be fine.

OverStuffed said:
I'm not expected to jump on the bike, ride from DC to Minneapolis, take a picture of my bike at the same memorial, ride home and post the picture am I? Can I take a picture of my local WWI Veterans Memorial?

Just thought we'd see a nice variety of pictures if we open it up a bit. That, and these threads would stay here instead of being banished to the locals.
That would be the Peace Cross wouldn't it? Very cool.......

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OverStuffed said:
I'm not expected to jump on the bike, ride from DC to Minneapolis, take a picture of my bike at the same memorial, ride home and post the picture am I? Can I take a picture of my local WWI Veterans Memorial?

Just thought we'd see a nice variety of pictures if we open it up a bit. That, and these threads would stay here instead of being banished to the locals.
Sorry if it wasn't clear:
How to Play:​
Be the first to post a picture of the your bike in similiar place or with a similiar object as the last posted photo tag in this thread.​

So your thought of taking a picture at your local WWI Memorial is completely correct. Since I was not specific regarding type, any veterans memorial would qualify. So, GO GET IT before anyone else beats you to it.

Scot

·
Registered
609 Posts
Not a ww1 memorial but a vietnam vet memorial. That should work

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tcruse11:
The game is not just about tagging the veterans memorial photo but also about posting the next tag. You are not a winner until you post a photo of your bike at some other location for someone else to go find. EDIT your post and Post up another shot of your bike and bridge, river, street sign, mailbox....whatever, to be tagged. That way we will see a variety of things in a variety of places. It also adds an element of fun tension, since you can't be sure how long the Veterans Memorial Tag might last.

Scot

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tag: School Crossing. I meant to grab this on the commute but forgot and didn't remember until I got home and checked RBR.

New Tag: Seasonal plants, trees, flowers or shrubs. These grasses are non descript until this time of year when they suddenly put on another two feet and sprout big paint brushes.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Tag: Bridge.

New: Gnome. (Sorry, had to do it:p ) Other stupid lawn figurines accepted.

This is fun, Thanks Scot. I find myself looking for interesting tag sites on my ride now.

singlecross

·
Registered
609 Posts
Tag: Bike in Elevator
New: Bike by a water fountain

1 - 20 of 183 Posts