Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· thien™
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday August 24th, Al and Jamii from Integrate Performance Fitness will be leading a joint RoadBikeReview and Integrate Performance Fitness ride starting from their Studio.

Los Altos Ave
R on Edith
R on Fremont
L on Concepion
R on Purrissima
Left on Arastradero
L on Page Mill
R on Arastradero
L on Alpine
R on Portola (REGROUP)
L on Portola
R on Mtn Home to Canada (QUICK ROBERTS STOP FOR WATER)
***OPTIONAL***
Canada to the pedestrian 280 over pass
L on Ralston that turns into Polhemus
L on Bunker Hill
L on 35
L on 92
***END OPTIONAL***
R on Canada
R on Olive Hill
L on Albion
R on Manuella
R on Kings
L on Tripp (REGROUP)
R on Woodside Rd/84
L on Portola
R on Portola
L on Alpine (REGROUP)
R on Junipero Serra to Foothill
L on Edith
R on Los Altos Ave
R on El Camino
L on Del Medio
R on Fayette

· Registered
205 Posts
I had a fun little bonk after one of the sprints, so I was off the back when the festivities took place. From what I understand it sounded like a simple "car back" would have kept new friends from being made.

By the time I pulled up to Roberts (about 5 minutes back), our group was well on their way to Bunker Hill and the other group appeared to be back on track to having a good time enjoying themselves on the bike.

· Registered
21 Posts
Several of us were wondering about Bunker Hill's grades. I found this on Stanford Cycling:

Bunker Hill Drive (9%) This hill starts at Polhemus Road along Crystal Springs appendix loop west of San Mateo. It starts out rather gently, with plenty of flatteners. Most of the serious climbing is in the last few hundred meters, where it steadily rises at a 14-16% grade. Since overall climbing distance is 0.55 mi, the average grade is not so bad. Beyond the crest, it has a short drop, crosses over 280, and meets with Skyline Blvd. In the reverse direction it could be used to shorten the Crystal Springs loop, but make sure your brakes are in good shape.

· Registered
69 Posts
We squeezed by on the left as they were riding 3-wide on Mountain Home. One of their riders took offense, jumped up to our group, and proceeded to weave back and forth across the yellow line while chewing one of us out. I don't know if there was proper warning in that incident or not, but one of their riders refused to get to the right later on when I said, "on your left," and even tried to accelerate to keep me from passing.

· No team-cest unless 8+!
7,287 Posts
kwc said:
We squeezed by on the left as they were riding 3-wide on Mountain Home. One of their riders took offense, jumped up to our group, and proceeded to weave back and forth across the yellow line while chewing one of us out. I don't know if there was proper warning in that incident or not, but one of their riders refused to get to the right later on when I said, "on your left," and even tried to accelerate to keep me from passing.
Whoa. WHAT? Who were these people?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.