Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister has a Robaix Elite and the headset does not move freely and I think it should she took it to the shop and they said that is how it should be?. I test rode a different Robaix and it cost a little more and it moved like you would expect. So what do you think?

·
Registered
273 Posts
test bolt and try another shop

I'm guessing English isn't your primary language. Thats alright, but your question is a bit vague.
If the steering feels really stiff then the retention bolt may be too tight. I would remove the stem and feel the play in the headset first. If it feels smooth, then perhaps the rentention bolt was too tight and when the stem is reinstalled everything will be OK. Please take it to a shop if you are not comfortable with doing this yourself. Not installing the stem correctly could be very dangerous for your sister.
It may be the shop where the bike was purchased just doesn't want to deal with a potential warranty issue. If you are really concerned that the headset has a problem, perhaps take it to another shop for a second opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.