Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share some quick, rather amateur pictures of my late 80's Roberts.
Built up with 8Sp Dura Ace, this was my main ride for twenty years. I have piles of miles on it from all over the country.

I think the thing that I really appreciate now is the craftsmanship around the lugs. It is a work of art (once you get past the grime)

Now that I have a new steel ride in the stable (got me an MXL) I will tear this down, clean it up and restore some of the paint and put it right again..

Enjoy,

Mike.

·
Unlabeled
3,720 Posts
Wow! The fillet brazing is gorgeous. Other than David Kirk, I can't think of too many people who build anything like that. It's quite a different level of workmanship than my fillet brazed Schwinn Sports Tourer.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Don't bother wasting your time.

Just break it down and sell the frame to me. I'm a Roberts fan. Have owned 3, sadly am down to one now, boohoo.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Wow that's sweet! I'll bet you won't like the new ride nearly as much, based on the mileage you have on that.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I want it...........sell it to me..............actually Ceeway still sell Max tubes, so Roberts could build me a new'un I guess!

I'll sawp it for my 57cm carbon Guru Geneo - job done.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a wee bit small for my aging body at this point.
I upgraded to a Carbon Merckx two years ago and mounted it on the trainer for the past couple of seasons. Rather sad really.. I was at first thinking of selling it but did not think I would get much = not worth the hassle. Since then, I have developed a fondness for the steel rides of that era..
I would part with it but, I know I would never find another like it, so for now I am going to lay a little TLC on it and rack it up in the stable.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
I keep coming back to this post. Although it's not my first choice in color, it's a truly amazing bike. It definitely needs some TLC, but still, wow. just... wow...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts