Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Ball is a blow hard, and I know RR is bringing a lot of hollywoodz to cycling, but I like this combo.

I don't know why, and 6 months ago, I would have said FUGLY, but I just might...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FatTireFred said:
have you checked out their prices?
they are steep- wow. Bibs are high, jersey's are outrageous. It has been a few years since I have bought any pro-team gear (just stick with my own teams stuff) I am used to paying $40 a piece.

I had no idea that pro team gear was so $$$, $220 for RR, or even $120 for CSC!

Wow, I need a sponsor to wear these sponsorship clothes.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Does anybody know who makes this stuff? I can't imagine that Rock and Republic would have a clue about the ergonomic requirements of cycling wear, but I can't see the logo of a clothing manufacturer on the kit (unless it's Campy). In addition, the "features" that they list on their website don't seem like anything that I couldn't find in gear for ~50 at the LBS.

·
Registered
906 Posts
nicks2192 said:
yes rock and republic makes the team kit and there jeans are pretty awsome too
While the Rock website certainly tries to play up Ball's involvement in cycling, the company doesn't seem like one that has a big R&D budget to figure out how to really design things well for the cyclist in motion. Jerseys I can see, but it just doesn't seem like they have the capabilities to do bibs well. There's a long way between designing jeans that are primarily worn during activities that aren't terribly demanding and something like Project Starburst at Assos, imho.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Cadillac? $240 for a jersey...just 2 reasons I'll buy this kit...

I like how they are sponsored by the car manufacturer whose SUV is the one I am MOST afraid of!

·
yup
2,739 Posts
Kestreljr said:
What if I'm an athlete that does "do drugs"? Maybe I should only wear RR stuff!
But you would need to do performance enhancing drugs, not just pot and vicadon washed down with Old English 800. Throw some EPO in there somewhere and your good to go. Plus you need more tattoos to go with the kit, preferably in the neck/face area.

·
Banned
519 Posts
tferris said:
But you would need to do performance enhancing drugs, not just pot and vicadon washed down with Old English 800. Throw some EPO in there somewhere and your good to go. Plus you need more tattoos to go with the kit, preferably in the neck/face area.

Haha! Right on! :thumbsup: I know kestrel and pothead is a big understatement for the dude. Once he gets his gear on lookout! There's no stopping how far he would go to complete the look. Tattoo parlors beware.

·
Banned
7,191 Posts

What's with the bullseye on the crotch?

Seriously, that's the ugliest thing since Cipollini's... well almost anything Cipollini wore. Oh wait. He wore this kit too, didn't he?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.