Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just completed the build of my custom Rocky Mountain CR 70.
Dura Ace Triple Groupo (I know a lot of you have triple issues, I don't)
Easton EC90 Bars, Seatpost (not pictured), Stem
Casset 11-21
Ksyrum ES

My LBS put a large spacer on the steer tube. I plan on having that removed and a small spacer added. Not sure why they added such a large spacer.

For those of you who are interested it weighs about 16 lbs.

·
Banned
141 Posts
This is the ride that you don't see everyday. Are you sure that frame is custom? You shouldn't be needing that much spacers if they are custom. Just make sure that the amount of spacers that you are using is safe for the steer tube.

Enjoy~

G

·
LBK said:
This is the ride that you don't see everyday. Are you sure that frame is custom? You shouldn't be needing that much spacers if they are custom. Just make sure that the amount of spacers that you are using is safe for the steer tube.

Enjoy~
The name of the bike is "SOLO CR70custom"

The OP never said it was a custom frame, he gave the name of the bike.

I guess I am getting old,or I have been working too much but I can't figure out why it is that when people post pictures of their new bikes, with a sense of pride in their purchases.

The people on this board are quick to jump all over them with critical comments. Stack height is always at the top of the list.

Why not just tell them they did good, nice bike. Not for me, but nice.

Don't get it.

The OP got a new bike, he's proud of it and wants to share.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I saw that Rocky Mountain frame in a recent Road magazine. The seat post/top tube intersection reminds me of a BMC in how the seat tube looks like its going through the top tube. Very unique looking. I like it.

Hey, can you post some pics that were'nt taken at night so we can get a better look?

·
Banned
141 Posts
toomanybikes said:
The name of the bike is "SOLO CR70custom"

The OP never said it was a custom frame, he gave the name of the bike.

I guess I am getting old,or I have been working too much but I can't figure out why it is that when people post pictures of their new bikes, with a sense of pride in their purchases.

The people on this board are quick to jump all over them with critical comments. Stack height is always at the top of the list.

Why not just tell them they did good, nice bike. Not for me, but nice.

Don't get it.

The OP got a new bike, he's proud of it and wants to share.
Wow......did you have a bad day? Go relax.

I was just giving him a suggestion. It's a nice bike. I misunderstood the name, but what with all that [email protected]? Jeez....

hope you have a nice night.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rocky Mountain is from BC, Canada, but they get their tubing from Columbus so a rep from the company told me. In fact, I believe he said Columbus even builds the frames. They produce the exact same frame for the European market for Cinelli. Notice the rear traingle and fork -- I believe they are "Carve"... it is a nice bike, whatever the stack height. Great value too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.