Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it has been mentioned here, but just to let you all know that Roger Musson released the 7th edition of his excellent wheelbuilding ebook in October. If you already bought a previous edition, all updates are FREE. Wheelbuilding book for cycle wheels

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
Thank you for the heads up. Just downloaded the new version. Can't go wrong with free.
I've been with Roger since like forever so I'm on my 6 or 7th update - after only ever buying the first one. Try that with anyone else's wheelbuilding book. Roger puts in the new equipment info as it comes out. And if you get the urge (I did and I know how to build wheels!) print off the relevant pages (relevant to you), take them along to your local print shop (Staples up here in Canada) and they will spiral bind it for you and give you a nice colored cover.

Uhh can't you tell I'm from and era that pre-dates the laptop and the tablet?

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been with Roger since like forever so I'm on my 6 or 7th update - after only ever buying the first one. Try that with anyone else's wheelbuilding book. Roger puts in the new equipment info as it comes out. And if you get the urge (I did and I know how to build wheels!) print off the relevant pages (relevant to you), take them along to your local print shop (Staples up here in Canada) and they will spiral bind it for you and give you a nice colored cover.

Uhh can't you tell I'm from and era that pre-dates the laptop and the tablet?

My first was Roger's 6th - relative n00bie here. :D I see some very minor changes in the 7th which are mostly rewording - at least the parts that are relevant to me.

And I just finished my 2nd wheelbuild which I will talk about in a separate post.

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
My first was Roger's 6th - relative n00bie here. :D I see some very minor changes in the 7th which are mostly rewording - at least the parts that are relevant to me.
I've been with him since he wrote "Always use the finest ash for the spokes". I kid you not.

I just finished my 2nd wheelbuild which I will talk about in a separate post.
Wheel look forward to it.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts