Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Hey I'm new here, I'm thinking about selling my bikes. I started looking around the web and got a pretty good feel for how much my '67 Schwinn Fastback (my first bike) is worth, but I can't seem to find anything at all on how much a Roger Riviere 10 speed (my 2nd bike) might sell for. The bikes are used, but cared for and very rideable; they've been stored since about 1975, and all the equipment is original, except tires and tubes. I've given them some attention in the last few years, they ride like they always have, very comfortably, and I'll probably regret selling them, but I need the money for my other passion, photography. Time permitting I'll post some pics, but until then can anyone enlighten me at all about the value of my Roger Riviere?

·
Registered
21,511 Posts
Equipment?

ERabior said:
can anyone enlighten me at all about the value of my Roger Riviere?
You would need to provide some information on the components on the bike and the tubing set used for the frame. Unless there's some collector value, which I highly doubt, I think we're talking in the range of $100 - $250 depending on the details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kerry, well, at least it didn't depreciate too much, I think I paid $180 for it. I don't know enough about tubing set descriptions too elaborate much, but the "collector's value" isn't there, which is really what I was wondering about. Guess I'll part with my Schwinn.

·
Registered
21,511 Posts
ERabior said:
I think I paid $180 for it. I don't know enough about tubing set descriptions too elaborate much, but the "collector's value" isn't there, which is really what I was wondering about. Guess I'll part with my Schwinn.
If you paid $180 for it new, you'd be really lucky to get $50 for it today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts