Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
He and Gilmour need to work it out. They were an amazing team where 1+1 = 3. Waters voice screams torment and inner turmoil like no other.

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got the obligatory Hendrix perm
and the inevitable pinhole burns
all down the front of my favorite satin shirt

·
Registered
61 Posts
I saw Pink Floyd on the Division Bell tour and Roger when he came around last time with Dark Side of the Moon. I wish Roger had played more of his own stuff and not just the Pink Floyd standards. It was telling that everyone knew the radio songs and nobody had a clue when he played an other Floyd song or his own work. Not that I wouldn't go see him again, but I can't afford the $ it would cost to go the the show. It would be great if they got back together.

Now I have to crank the PF/RW tunes at work :thumbsup:

like the moment when the brakes lock
and you're sliding towards the big truck
you stretch the frozen moments with your fear

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Creakyknees said:
hmmm.. only $800 for seats in Dallas.
Pink Floyd probably is my favorite group, at least in the top 3 but there was a place and time for most of these groups and it ain't now.

Few exceptions but in general seems like most musicians don't age well (of course this is genre dependent to a large extent).

Then on top of it they charge these exorbitant ticket prices. Not for me.

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dwayne Barry said:
there was a place and time for most of these groups and it ain't now.

Then on top of it they charge these exorbitant ticket prices.
I guess you fail to see the obvious conflict between these two statements... I'd wager that he's going to clear a lot more net $ off this tour than from previous tours (adjusted for inflation of course).

·
®
3,209 Posts
i saw waters on pbs the other night playing a few tunes off 'the wall'. the guitarist he's using is good, but there's only one david gilmour.

i'd rather listen to gilmour without waters than waters without gilmour.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts