Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some low profile carbon wheels and came across these Rol C25R Clinchers? Anyone has experience with these? They are quite a bit cheaper than the Campagnolo Hyperion Ultra two, but then again a little bit more expensive than the Hyperion One's. Are these wheels worth it, or should I f.e. also look at the Corima Winium + HPS? Any other recommendations?
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I have not been on those, but ROL has a good rep for good wheels and great CS.

Williamscycling had a similar set cheaper, but they are not on the site anymore. They could be revising the design.

·
δanned
7,006 Posts
I'm looking for some low profile carbon wheels and came across these Rol C25R Clinchers? Anyone has experience with these? They are quite a bit cheaper than the Campagnolo Hyperion Ultra two, but then again a little bit more expensive than the Hyperion One's. Are these wheels worth it, or should I f.e. also look at the Corima Winium + HPS? Any other recommendations?
Thanks.
ROL makes all of their wheels well. I own a pair of aluminum Race SLs that ride nicely, and the owner, Sean Lambert, is a standup guy. He called me a few weeks after my purchase to see how I liked the wheels; I've never gotten that kind of followup service from an LBS. That being said I would have another option to suggest, though. If you're willing to spend $2450 on low-profile carbon clinchers, you should take a look at Zipp 202 clinchers. BikeTiresDirect has them for $2452.49 if you're a gold member (free membership), and you'll also get 10% credited to your account for every purchase. The Zipps are 65g heavier than the C25Rs, but they're both in the 13XX range, and that's very light in either case. The Zipps have the advantage in being 25.4mm wide at the brake track, and they have the toroidal shape for better stability at all wind angles. ROL still uses V-shaped rims, and the C25Rs are 22.6mm wide. I think you'll find the Zipps better for cornering.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Daaaaaamn, two large and change for a pair of low profile carbon clinchers? Aye carramba! (that's right, there was nothing of value in here)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.