Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy QR's for a pair of elan aeros, the stock ti ones (89 grams) are $50 from rolf
Are they any good? worth it?
For reference I do not like the look of salsa QR's but I want to spend around $50

Thanks for your posts

·
Registered
21,525 Posts
Weight the only criteria?

b987654 said:
I need to buy QR's for a pair of elan aeros, the stock ti ones (89 grams) are $50 from rolf. Are they any good? worth it? For reference I do not like the look of salsa QR's but I want to spend around $50
There are frequent complaints about light weight, extrenal cam QRs not offering enough clamping force to keep rear wheels from twisting in the frame. The standard fix is to go back to a Campy or Shimano QR. YMMV

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Kerry Irons said:
There are frequent complaints about light weight, extrenal cam QRs not offering enough clamping force to keep rear wheels from twisting in the frame. The standard fix is to go back to a Campy or Shimano QR. YMMV
Word.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Kerry Irons said:
I've had this experience too... Odyssey QRs (remember those?), Kore QRs, Bonty QRs, and most recently American Classic QRs, have uniformly sucked in the amount of force necessary to get the skewer closed tight enough to be confidence inspiring. I've been quite pleasantly surprised, though, with Mike Garcia's "cheap," "heavy" (110g +/-) (not the ti ones I linked to in the prior post). The force necessary to close them tightly is on par with my dura ace skewers. Maybe even a little less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts