Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an opportunity to ride both and compare? I'm interested to know which wheel performs better, aerodynamics vs less rolling resistance. I'm in the market for a new set of wheels this fall and the Vigor's and Ardennes are on my radar. If anyone has thoughts on how they compare on the road, that'd be welcome information as well.

Thanks for you thoughts and insight!

·
Registered
662 Posts
You may have seen the wind tunnel test results on Rolf's website. They didn't test the Ardennes but in general Rolf wheels did well. I stopped by their facility and had my wheels checked last month and I talked to them about the test methodology they used. They paid for the test but didn't conduct the test. The same tire and air pressure was used on all wheels.

http://www.rolfprima.com/techinfo_aero_results.php

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the aero test on their website and was skeptical about it. Thanks for posting a little more info about their test, I'm a little less skeptical now.
I'm leaning towards aero being more of an advantage since wind resistance calculates exponentially and tire resistance is the same at 15mph and 30mph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.