Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
steel road, fixie, & MTB
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
rollers.
thought i was doing well rolling while watching the Winter game's Closing Ceremonies this past sunday then..
bam!
knocked me gonads silly :eek: and got a nice bruise on an inner thigh,
which got me to wondering...
are parabolic shaped drums an easier & safer way to do rollers or are they for "babies"

"sore and persistant" want your oninions...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but I got a set of rollers this winter. I've been on them twice, both times ending in bloodshed. Needless to say, they are folded up in a corner and I've not been on them since. I suppose they really help in training, that is if you don't break your leg or some other body part on them first.

A trainer may not lead you to the perfectly smooth stroke like rollers, but you won't break or bruise anything either, which can be far more beneficial to your training.

·
steel road, fixie, & MTB
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are parabolic shaped drums an easier & safer way to do rollers

psuambassador said:
I don't know the answer to your question, but I got a set of rollers this winter. I've been on them twice, both times ending in bloodshed. Needless to say, they are folded up in a corner and I've not been on them since. I suppose they really help in training, that is if you don't break your leg or some other body part on them first.

A trainer may not lead you to the perfectly smooth stroke like rollers, but you won't break or bruise anything either, which can be far more beneficial to your training.
I have been using a trainer, but rollers are more fun and works balance and spin technique better...until the crash happens

I guess i keep riding them until i get better

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
On the Road

psuambassador said:
...A trainer may not lead you to the perfectly smooth stroke like rollers, but you won't break or bruise anything either, which can be far more beneficial to your training.
That is until you get out on the road and are sitting in the middle of a pack of riders. Then you find you cannot hold a straight line when you ride. You need a huge amount of personal space and panic anytime someone gets within three feet of you. When you get a drink, food or go to shed a jacket you are all over the road. Spend enough time on the trainer and you will find yourself riding just like a triathlete - lots of power but absolutely no handling skills. A recipe for disaster when you are around other cyclist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts