Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback and neither the Thule or Yakima fitting websites have anything for that model car. My question is if anyone out there has one of these with a roof rack or would I be able to use the rack system for a regular Lancer? Any info anyone has would be really helpful. Thanks.

·
I want a Road Bike :)
4,111 Posts
I was going to tell you about mtbr.com car & bike forum, but you already asked there...

sorry

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
rogueldr said:
I'm about to buy a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback and neither the Thule or Yakima fitting websites have anything for that model car. My question is if anyone out there has one of these with a roof rack or would I be able to use the rack system for a regular Lancer? Any info anyone has would be really helpful. Thanks.
mebbe i'm out of my mind, but isn't the lancer sportback basically brand new for the US? (making it hard for many other people to have one, or for companies to have a rack made specifically for it)

sure looks like the roofs are the same between that and the sedan version, mebbe ask the dealer? or ask Thule or Yakima?

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
ok, so it's been out for ~9 months...

I'd ask if you were getting the ralliart version, but i'm still skeptical of a double-clutch transmission in a <$30k vehicle. (although if the stuff I've read is true, it would be pretty simple to get a proper manual off an evo 9 and swap it in - but not many folks do that with a brand new car...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts