Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else dissapointed in the roster's for the tour de georgia? Does quickstep even know the race is going on? Where's levi, bobby j.? I know it clashes with alot of the big protour events, but still, i would think a 2.HC race could draw more attention than that. Im glad to see Dave Z is gonna be there and Floyd Landis.

Podium for 06 tour de georgia

1. Floyd Landis
2. Dave Zabriskie
3. Tom Danielson

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Paris Roubaix is Sunday, Wed.was Ghent Wevelgem

The Amstel is the following sunday, followed by Fleche Wallone on Wednesday followed by Liege Bastogne Liege the following sunday and you wanna talk Tour of Georgia?
Son we need to reset your priorities.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
atpjunkie said:
The Amstel is the following sunday, followed by Fleche Wallone on Wednesday followed by Liege Bastogne Liege the following sunday and you wanna talk Tour of Georgia?
Son we need to reset your priorities.
Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love european cycling, but i live in and race in america, and lets face it high class races are scarce, id atleast thought levi would show since he's big into american cycling. And what about Chris Horner for crying out loud. I guess im just a little pissed cause i was excited to see all these top flight teams and then i realize its b squad riders :rolleyes: Maybe next year, but for now GO BIG GEORGE THIS SUNDAY!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I agree. If cycling is going to become more popular here in the US, we need good competition at an international level with local heros (amongst a lot of other things). It needs to appeal to the American public's ego and sense of nationalistic pride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts