Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Roadie...I think...
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the difference between Specialized FACT 6r carbon and FACT 7r carbon? I am looking at picking up an '05 Elite and building it up with Campy Chorus. Opinions of the Roubaix? All I have heard are good things and have ridden an '05 Pro frame with Record on it, very nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Roubaix carbon

From what I can tell on Specialized's document about the way they produce their carbon frames, there is a slight difference between the type of carbon fiber used in the Pro and Comp frames that used in the Elite frame. The Pro and Comp frames used a higher modulus carbon, which is a lighter material with a higher tensile strength. I picked up a 2005 Roubaix Comp myself last week, mainly because I thought the compenents and wheels it came with made it a better value than the Elite. I'm really happy with mine, although I think either the Elite or the Comp would make an excellent ride.

·
Roadie...I think...
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roubaix carbon

Sounds like minor differences then, probably weight and cost. I am buying the bike from my LBS and they are giving me a great deal on the bike and are parting it out to build it up for me. For all intents and purposes another half-pound or quarter pound in weight is not going to kill me.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
05 elite and pro frames

I contacted Specialized. They told me that the 05 elite is just as stiff and strong as the 05 pro. They stated that the Elite frame is 50 grams heaiver than the Pro.

·
Roadie...I think...
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roubaix frame differences

For the price I am getting the frame for I have no complaints over 50 grams...not being a weight weinie and all that. Since I am coming from a Torelli steel frame I am guessing that the '05 Roubaix Elite frame built up with Chorus will be plenty light for me. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.