Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking of upgrading my bike from a Giant OCR 3 and have been checking out the LBS. The main brand they carry is Specialized. I'm not too familiar with that brand, but there is a Roubaix Elite that I've been eying and it looks pretty sweet. Just wondering what others thought of this bike and/or had any issues with it?

· Registered
188 Posts
I've got and 05 that i bought in 06 and I love it. Mine is a double. I've upgraded quite a few things. The wheels were ALX 295 and weren't great. I changed them to the EA70's. I've also changed out the seat, bar and stem and the bike feels awesome. You wont be dissapointed.

· Registered
213 Posts
l've been on my 2007 elite for 18mths and coming off a 2005 OCR2 there is a huge difference in ride quality, l do 15-18k a year with about 50% of that climbing, raced it all last season and put some cross tyres on it this winter and have been training on some single track and corrigated dirt roads and it,s still as good as the day l bought it, the life time warranty gives piece of mind also. l have swapped out most of the stock parts now to get it to 6.8kg as most of my races have either multiple climbs or mountain top finishes, agree with superflychief if the frame is a good fit you won't be dissapointed.:thumbsup:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I decided to go with a 2007 base model roubaix. We just bought a lakehouse and needed the money for closing, and the LBS gave me a great deal on last years base model. I would rather the elite since it's all carbon frame, but the aluminum frame with the carbon parts mixed in is a nice upgrade from my rough Giant OCR 3. Very noticeable improvement in the ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.