·
Festina Lente'
11,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting in the valley,
-Winnetka and Saticoy, WInnetka

Ending
-Kanan Rd .& Lobos Canyon Rd. Agoura HIlls

Do I take the frontage roads along the highway? Or Mulholland Hwy?

nk

·
Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
I would take the frontage roads.

Ventura Blvd out to Valley Circle. Take a left and go over the freeway. Make a right on Calabasas Road just after the freeway and climb the pass. it's not a bad climb. Mainly 3%-4%.

At the top make a right and go down Mureau Road to Las Virgenes. Left on Las Virgenes. Right on Agoura Road to Kanan.

It's much less steep this way.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,062 Posts
il sogno said:
I would take the frontage roads.

Ventura Blvd out to Valley Circle. Take a left and go over the freeway. Make a right on Calabasas Road just after the freeway and climb the pass. it's not a bad climb. Mainly 3%-4%.

At the top make a right and go down Mureau Road to Las Virgenes. Left on Las Virgenes. Right on Agoura Road to Kanan.

It's much less steep this way.
Looks good to me.

Mulholland Hwy has a steep-ass climb to Kanan. I've only gone down it, but that's for good reason.

I did the reverse of that route not too long ago. Mureau sucks going the other way!

·
Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
Looks good to me.

Mulholland Hwy has a steep-ass climb to Kanan. I've only gone down it, but that's for good reason.

I did the reverse of that route not too long ago. Mureau sucks going the other way!
As you ride west, Mulholland has a 12%-13% section as you climb the part between Old Topanga and Las Virgenes. Better to take Mureau Rd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.