Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rubber tips for the Campy head on my Silca frame pume are worn through. Anybody have any suggestions on where to get replacements? Or better yet, any ideas on jerryrigging a fix for this?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Try a good auto parts store. They usually have a good assortment of colored vacuum plugs that would fit. Just maybe blue ones.

·
Old Skool
719 Posts
Rubber Surgical Tubing

I have solved this same problem with silicone rubber surgical tubing. You can get it at some hardware stores and, of course medical supply houses. Take your pump head and get a size with the appropriate inside diameter. In my case, my LBS stocked the stuff for just this purpose. You just cover each prong on the pump head and cut it off. I does a much better job of protecting the frame than the original Silca parts. Mine has lasted over ten years and shows no signs of needing to be replaced. If you buy a foot you will have a lifetime supply.

·
Super Moderator
19,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the ideas. I will check out hardware stores, auto parts stores and med supply shops.

kp - cool websites.

:)

·
Old Skool
719 Posts
Classic!

steelbikerider said:
My tips rotted off so I started stealing the rubber tips off my wife's clothes hangars, a perfect fit. She never has noticed.
Your's is the winning entry. The parts are simple, cheap, and readily available. Plus you get to feel like you are getting away with something! Quite an elegant solution…

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.