Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Runtastic Road Pro for about 4 - 5 months to track my ride statistics. I was using this with a Blu Advance phone running android OS version 4.4.2

It seemed to be working just fine then I had to switch phones due to a boot problem with the original phone. The new phone is the same model and brand as the original phone so I reloaded the Runtastic Road Pro app on the new phone. However when I started using it I quickly discovered the phone app and the tracking pages on their web site seemed to be displaying the resulting ride data inaccurately. When I go on a ride and look at the tracked data at the end of the ride on the phone or on the activity page on the Runtastic web site, the total elapsed mileage for the ride was 1/2 of what it should be. I.E. if I went on a 12 mile bike ride the mileage displayed in the app on the phone and in the ride statistics page on the web site would only show I had gone 6 miles and the average speed over the course of the ride would be half of what it should be (i.e. 7.5MPH versus the correct average speed over the ride of 15MPH). The weird thing was the resulting ride maps would show the correct route for the ride.

So I had the same exact results over several rides and stopped using the app at all because I was convinced that the GPS on the new phone was at fault. Then today I decided to join Strava and load that app on my phone. However before switching over I took a ride and used the Runtastic Road app again to see if the results were the same. They were. For a 12 mile bike ride it showed I only went 6 miles and the average speed was half of what it should be.

Then as a test I decided to download the ride data from the problem rides from the runtastic web site as *.gpx files and upload to the Strava web site. Wahoo! The ride data once uploaded to the Strava web site shows the correct mileage and average speed. So now I am thinking the GPS on my phone is NOT at fault and instead there is some sort of problem with the Runtastic Road Pro app loaded on my phone.

Thoughts?

P.S. The tech support from the Runtastic site just sucks. They have a feature where you can snapshot a ride map displayed on their web site and send it in as an open support case but after doing this several times I have yet to get any response from them at all on this issue.

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
did you rub it...?

or do the piano thing...(it doesn't do anything, but I like it)...

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
metric

·
I love to climb!
2,045 Posts
I can't help with your issue with the app you were using. But I'd recommend just using the Strava app. It usually works pretty well, and is more recognizable, and you can probably get better help with it on forums since more people use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts