Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the past two days going to several different bike shops out of town. It was a no go for the Kuota Kult. The fit just wasn't there. Thank God that the out of town bike shop was honest. I can't state that for the other LBS who was trying to sell me the Kuota Karma that I was told fit but it didn't. Just to make a quick sell or just didn't know how to fit someone.

I also checked out the pinarello , felt, fuji and cannondale but none fit my size. I'm just 5'8 and everything was large or medium. The out of town bike shop has plenty of bikes but nothing that would fit. Or I would have left with the Kuota Kult. Nice bike to say the least!

Last I took the S-Works Tarmac out for a test ride. WOW!!! What a ride. It was by far the fastest and most responsive bike that I have ever riden on. It felt like a Lamborghini on rails only with me sitting on a saddle and not a car seat. I can state that because I've driving in a lambo thousands of times. Literally....

So tonight I will sleep on it and justify spending several thousands of dollars. The bike weights just 14 pounds. Componants are SRAM Red with the exception of the Brakes which are better than SRAM red.

It is an all around beautiful bike but more important it made me feel like I could have gone on a 100 mile race finshing in first place!!! But I'm out of shape and would have to work up to that. I mean riding the 100 miles not winning :)

If I make this purchase their going to throw in a computer and 15% off on all accessories! Is there anyone on this forum that owns a S-Works Tarmac?

·
3,494 Posts
piatzo said:
Is there anyone on this forum that owns a S-Works Tarmac?
Try the Specialized forum instead of the beginner's corner! You are basically looking a pro-quality race bike. You want to be sure that this is the kind of bike that you want and that it fits you perfectly before dropping that much money. You should be able to negotiate on price because the 2011s are just around the corner.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
My TCR feels like a Lambo (Miura) too, which I've ridden numerous times as well. :)

Enjoy that Tarmac if you get it. May be quite the spending, but at the end of the day, it sounds like it's putting quite the smile on your face - not a smile of material ownership, but pure enjoyment. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to re-post this over at the Specialized section and Thanks for the comments. Not sure if this thread should be closed since I'm starting it at the Specialized forum section?
Thanks @ Ventruck and ukbloke.
Thanks,
Piatzo

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@frpax you starting trouble again ;) just kidding. It was love at first site with the s-works tarmac and then taking it for a spin. I couldn't sleep at all last night thinking about this bike.

I'm going to post pictures this weekend and do some youtube video for everyone of the bike for those that have never seen one in person before.

·
Vintage cyclist
732 Posts
yeah, i like to stir the pot up a bit! ;-)

But my next bike is going to be a Tarmac (not sure I could spiring for an S-Works, though...). I've been eyeballing one ant my LBS for a few months now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figure I can't take the cash with me when I die so why not spend it on something that will give me years of enjoyment. Enjoy life now. You never know when it's your time to go ;)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
piatzo said:
I figure I can't take the cash with me when I die so why not spend it on something that will give me years of enjoyment. Enjoy life now. You never know when it's your time to go ;)

Nothing wrong with that theory. Pardon me, I gotta go do some shopping....you reminded me :D

Congrats, again...I think you will have supreme motivation to ride, and stare :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Anyone it this forum??? LOL, probably not. Beginners don't drop that kind of cash normally.

Even myself being an avid mtb rider, I wouldn't be dropping that kind of cash.

In any event, it's a sweet choice. Happy riding!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.