Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
fifth time's a charm
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must let DVR do it's job then watch FFing through the commercials. Must fight urge to watch live. WTF ratio 4 min of cycling to 10min commercials (it seems), get stabbed in the liverz.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Not to rub it in--- they show it on two networks here--- start to finish (Eurosport and TV2)--- uninterupted. I don't miss American TV-- although I do miss Liggett, Sherwin, and Roll.

rkb said:
Must let DVR do it's job then watch FFing through the commercials. Must fight urge to watch live. WTF ratio 4 min of cycling to 10min commercials (it seems), get stabbed in the liverz.

·
On the wrong floor again
1,138 Posts
They could do without 12 extra commercial breaks though. Plus they're kind of drawn out commercial breaks.

Tim

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Mootsie said:
Threads like this have been around every year that I can remember. Can we give it a rest. Its commercial TV. Its free.
I don't know about you, but we have to pay for cable tv to get the VS channel.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was only like 2 sponsors. The worst part is you get sick of the Saab commercials after the second time around.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
rkb said:

I miss the hot girl who gets in the mini van and starts turning around ...

vehix.com ad

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
rkb said:
Touche'
I've owned a couple, but never worked there....

Just about as long as the tour has been on OLN and now VS, someone b_tches about the commercials. It used to be Lincoln now Saab. Enjoy the broadcast and know that each commericial not only subsidizes the cost of putting it on the air, it also supports one of the teams, Garmin. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Sip your coffee and enjoy the French countryside.

·
fifth time's a charm
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mootsie said:
Touche'
I've owned a couple, but never worked there....

Just about as long as the tour has been on OLN and now VS, someone b_tches about the commercials. It used to be Lincoln now Saab. Enjoy the broadcast and know that each commericial not only subsidizes the cost of putting it on the air, it also supports one of the teams, Garmin. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Sip your coffee and enjoy the French countryside.
Just messing with you- It is nice to at least have the Tour on TV. The ratio of 4 min of cycling to 4 min of commercials gets a little old, but as you say the French countryside is nice.

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
Saab

helping keep cycling on TV

thanks saab for your continued support

heck I may buy one someday out ofsheer gratitude

hey brainiacs, here'sa multiple choice

suffer through commercials or have no cycling coverage, but extra bullriding

you pick

ingrates

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
atpjunkie said:
helping keep cycling on TV

thanks saab for your continued support

heck I may buy one someday out ofsheer gratitude

hey brainiacs, here'sa multiple choice

suffer through commercials or have no cycling coverage, but extra bullriding

you pick

ingrates
+1000. buy a dvr or stfu.

·
Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
Lamborghini is born from tractors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.