Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Roadbike Rider
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two hours after a tough ride. I stood up from the computer and my lower back seized up. I felt moderate pain, enough that I had trouble standing and walking. I saw my chiropractor the next day and after examining me and hearing that I had ramped up my riding lately to 350 + km's/wk said " I had inflamation of the ligaments in the SI joint and it's related to repetitive stress from the cycling".

He applied TENS and worked the area with a vibration pad thing. I'm icing it and taking ibuprofin. He said stay off the bike for a week and suggested stretches, most of which I do already.

He says he sees this a lot in cyclist but it's the first I have heard of it. Anyone else have this.

· BS the DC
1,426 Posts
Besides treating this on a daily basis as a chiropractor, I have experience this pain personally. Cycling is tough on the sacroiliac joint because you are in a flexed position with the hips in constant motion. No problem if your sacroiliac joint is fine, but if it's inflammed it can be painful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.