Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Am I reading this right? Are the Caad 10's not being made in the US? That's too bad if not.

I've purchased my last Cannondale and will hang onto my Caad 8/DA10 indefinitely.

-s

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
the asian made frames are better than the US made frames... what does this tell you?

·
Registered
296 Posts
my question is you've been a member here since 2007 and you just NOW heard that cannondales arent gonna be made in usa anymore ??

·
LA CHEVRE
2,475 Posts
tranzformer said:
Some time? How about saying it just started for the '11 model year. This is recent.
Depends of the model, the CAAD 9 were still made in the US as well as other models in 2010 but some models have been made in Asia since 2007 I think...

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
tranzformer said:
Some time? How about saying it just started for the '11 model year. This is recent.
this is old news pal. the asian made frames are lighter, stiffer, more vertically compliant than the US made frames. All for the same price. What does this tell you?

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
georgewerr said:
Why dont you just donate your $200 toward your local unemployment office for the people who lost their jobs because they were greedy and wouldn't work for lower wages.

georgewerr said:
Yes - I still can find some but getting very hard to find
haha you're funny, you may have more luck making your own clothes and slapping made in US stickers on it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
Why dont you just donate your $200 toward your local unemployment office for the people who lost their jobs because they were greedy and wouldn't work for lower wages.

You expect Americans to work for $1.00 an hour, How about you try it.

haha you're funny, you may have more luck making your own clothes and slapping made in US stickers on it.
Your right I would have better luck making my own but there still available.

George

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
georgewerr said:
Your right I would have better luck making my own but there still available.

George
its "they're" and the 2011 caad10 frame made in Asia is a better frame than the 2010 caad9 frame made in the usa. Prices are the same. By better i mean 200g lighter, stiffer, and with SAVE chain and seatstays is more vertically compliant. Oh and the welds are just as good or better.

·
Registered
130 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
its "they're" and the 2011 caad10 frame made in Asia is a better frame than the 2010 caad9 frame made in the usa. Prices are the same. By better i mean 200g lighter, stiffer, and with SAVE chain and seatstays is more vertically compliant. Oh and the welds are just as good or better.
Is it better do to being made in Asia or do to a better design. If the CAAD 10 was made in USA would it not be as good.

George

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
georgewerr said:
Is it better do to being made in Asia or do to a better design. If the CAAD 10 was made in USA would it not be as good.

George
it would cost cannondale more for the same frame, hence at the same price, it won't be as good. Or it can be just as good, but at a higher price.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ok...so what if you have an American made frame...what about the rest of your bike? 99.9% of those parts are still made outside the US.

The only other "American made" part on my bike are the Zero Gravity brakes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts