Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem. I need to slide the saddle on my Fuji forward. Sounds easy enough, right. I have done this many times before but I have never encountered a seat post like this. It appears that one hex bolt is located under the saddle on top of the bracket and the other is located in a crevice under the bracket. I can not get my allen wrench to fit in either of these places. I am at my wits end trying to figure this out. If it helps here are the specs of the saddle and seat post:

Saddle Fuji Custom Comfort TRI
Seat post Fuji Superlite Carbon Micro Adjust,300mm

This adjustment, coupled with a shorter stem, would make my fit just right.

Thanks in advance

·
Larry Lackapants
696 Posts
ldotmurray said:
I have a problem. I need to slide the saddle on my Fuji forward. Sounds easy enough, right. I have done this many times before but I have never encountered a seat post like this. It appears that one hex bolt is located under the saddle on top of the bracket and the other is located in a crevice under the bracket. I can not get my allen wrench to fit in either of these places. I am at my wits end trying to figure this out. If it helps here are the specs of the saddle and seat post:

Saddle Fuji Custom Comfort TRI
Seat post Fuji Superlite Carbon Micro Adjust,300mm

This adjustment, coupled with a shorter stem, would make my fit just right.

Thanks in advance
is your allen-wrench L-shaped? if the space is too tight to fit the smaller part of the wrench under the saddle (to reach the bolt on top of the bracket) you could just sacrifice the wrench and cut a bit of the smaller "L" side off (with a hacksaw). you could leave the smaller L part just 5-10 mm long and it will still serve it's purpose in this particular case. As cutting will yield quite bumpy surfaces, don't forget to smooth out the wrench end with a file..
good luck
brblue

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,420 Posts
I hope you know that you don't adjust the "reach" to the bars by moving your saddle forward. Everybody has a certain position where the saddle needs to be, in relation to the bottom bracket. Your proper "reach" is accomplished by having the right combination of toptube length and stem length.

Some people think that they can ride a bike the is too big for them by using an extra small stem.

As for your seatpost problem, we would need a picture.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
I hope you know that you don't adjust the "reach" to the bars by moving your saddle forward. Everybody has a certain position where the saddle needs to be, in relation to the bottom bracket. Your proper "reach" is accomplished by having the right combination of toptube length and stem length.

Some people think that they can ride a bike the is too big for them by using an extra small stem.

As for your seatpost problem, we would need a picture.
+1. The remedy (for adjusting the saddle) is moot considering the reason you want to do so. Sounds like you're working with an ill fitting bike (too big) trying to 'make it fit' by making incorrect adjustments.

If you must, you must, but stray far enough from proper f/r weight distribution and it's likely the bike won't handle (or fit) very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts