Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Terry Dragon Fly saddle with Mg rails from a while ago. I have sunk money into a bunch of other bike seats, but this is by far the only saddle I can seem to jump on and ride for 50 miles and feel great on.

Only problem is that after a month or two of riding little bumps start forming on the leather, or plastic, not even sure if the saddle is made out of leather or some kind of synthetic material.

Any idea what causes the little bumps (salt, sweat,???)?

How do you care for the saddle?

If I could find a modern alternative to his saddle I would upgrade, but with plenty on ebay, and them fitting so well would rather just take care of the two saddles i have than sink more money into something not as good.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Why not give Terry a call or email and tell them what's happening. Maybe they'll have some suggestions.

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
I ride a Fizik Arione.
After a ride I apply a coating of ArmorAll and let it sit overnight.
I buff the saddle dry with a rag prior to riding the next day.
Not sure if this is a good or a bad technique, but it has worked for me for years, with no deterioration in saddle shape and the cover still looks like new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.