Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the cut-outs on saddles really effective or just a Marketing ploy? I currently use a Fizik Arione and it's been very tricky getting the settings just right. My gauge on proper setting is numbness and I've been getting it in varying degrees depending on saddle position. I'm looking for a saddle that is consistently numb-free and right now the Selle Italie Prolink with the cutout is high on the list. Has anyone here tried both saddles?

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
varied opinions

some like 'em, some don't. I do. Haven't used the Italia Prolink, but I really like my SLR gelflow (2 of them, actually)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Cutout Works for Me

Use a SMP Strike saddle with the big cutout and there is NO DOUBT it has helped this senior citizen with prostate and peeing issues post ride. NO DOUBT. Doctor exam proves it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My bike came with a Fizik Airone but after 30 miles I would get numbness. Once I switched to a saddle with a cut out I've never had any issues. Currently I use Selle Italia SLK. However the saddle is a bit minimalist should you need more padding around the sit bones.

·
I ride in circles..
4,990 Posts
I got a Specialized Alias 143mm saddle this past spring and loved it from the start. It is a little firm but I've grown to like that too. Now that I'm getting near 200 miles a week I've really noticed improved "feeling" down below. The cut out and the fit have really helped.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
i like cutouts... but there are some models that can't do it right. So try before you buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.