Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, I was going to start a new thread for this question, but I guess this is as good a place as any to put it. Ladies may want to stop at this point, however, feel free to pipe up if you are urology smart.

I've just got myself a shiny new, mostly stock, Trek 2200. Only riding an old mountain bike before that, so very low mileage. SPent the last 3 weeks or so doing short rides 10 - 15 miles trying to get my ample backside used to sitting in the saddle, etc. Today for the first time rode 27 miles. The problem began around an hour into the ride I could kind of feel myself getting "uncomfortable" in my special region. I continued on trying to shift myself around a bit. A few more minutes go by, and after pumping up a hill, I sat up an realized that "Big Johnny" was numb. Completely numb. Never felt that before. I had to reach down and make sure he was still there. Thank goodness, he was. The feeling came back fairly quick, and it didn't happen again the rest of the ride.

So the question is, is this a position on the seat issue or do I need to move the seat itself. Any words of wisdom will be appreciated. I did not enjoy that experience.

Thanks for any input.

John

·
rock n rolling resistance
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Tweak/dial in Yer Position...

You can either search for the info or someone else can illustrate detailed how-to but operative word is TWEAK/DIAL IN your saddle and bar pos.

But then again, supposedly there is a certain small percentage of men (especially w/ aerobar usage) who goes impotent from cycling regardless of optimum fitting etc though :eek:

Actually that UN saddle might be effective since there is no nose to get in the way at all but like I said I can see myself hitting an unexpected obstruction and, well, you can imagine what could happen.... I supppose sloping top tube can help but you probably end up pulling your muscle or something... it's your nads or muscle...pick your poison.

·
Registered
135 Posts
6was9 said:
No more "Ow-My-Nards" for ya :cool: :

http://www.aroadbike4u.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=507

Then again, don't slide off and hit the top tube though, ouch... :D
LOL! Actually, I have one of those Specialized anatomically-correct seats. It's not that bad during the season (actually, with the pads for the butt-bones, it's pretty comfortable) but in the off-season, on the rollers, when you can't change position, that's when "OwMyNads" becomes "NumbNutz".

BTW, my nick comes from last year, my first training season. I was fascinated by the new shifting system (hadn't owned a true road bike since by Huffy Santa Fe in '78- stem shifting) and kept staring down at the chainring and rear cassette. I hit so many *JARRING* potholes. Every time I did, in my best Cartman voice I'd let out a "OWMYNADS!" much to the laughter of my riding partner.

-Ow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.