Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm in the market for a 140-145mm saddle and i see that specialized has 3-4 saddles worthy of a high end road frame.

i'd like to get some opinions, grips, praises for the different saddles in this size range.
toupe, rival, etc.

thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have recently got the 143mm Toupe and so far I am quite pleased with it, previously I just had the stock Avatar that came on my Roubaix and I feel the Toupe just does it's job and doesn't get in the way like the Avatar used to. I think the extra padding on the Avatar could just really be felt and instead of making things comfortable it made it awkward.

Although as a disclaimer I only have about 200 miles on the Toupe but so far I can't find fault with it and in white it looks really pimpin' on my Roubaix. ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
went with the toupe

road both a toupe and avitar today and the toupe was head and shoulders above the avitar. the flex in the saddle rails was almost as effective as their zertz for smoothing out the roads...can't wait to try them together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.