Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going through saddles for over a year now and I finnaly found the one that fits me perfect. The funny thing is that it isn't a super light minimal saddle that I kept chasing. It is actually a San Marco Concor Light Titanium. My LBS mechanic gave me one to try and it was like unlocking untapped potential. No more moving around, no more standing to get rid of pain. It fits me perfect. Here is the problem...
I ordered 3 of them (just in case, what can I say, it feels that fgood and I don't want to take a chance that it gets discontinued).
The problem is that in my rush to order them I ordered San Marco Concor Light TX-CO Rail Saddles instead. I was under the impression that it is the same saddle just a little lighter due to the different rails. Can someone please confirm this???
The material is different as welll and the Selle San Marcos is more like a decal. On the one my LBS gave me the saddle is leather and the Selle San Marcos is stiched on.

I don't want to take any chances, but if it is the same saddle just with different rails then I am good to go. If it isn't then I will send it back for the "exact" matching saddle, I don't want to open the packaging in case I have to return the saddles. Please if anyone knows, let me know!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't know about your particular situation, but most online retailers have a pretty liberal return policy onsaddles, especially if you're just exchanging for a different model. Most likely, the saddles won't really be 'packaged' anyways...just a piece of cardboard stuck in the rails.

·
Registered
20 Posts
1. "Revision of a classic saddle - same upper but with improved Lightweight TX rails."

2. I'm a little confused. Does your post say that your LBS turned you on to the absolutely perfect saddle, and you liked their recommendation so much that you went home and mail-ordered 3 of them? :mad2:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your not confused, that is exactly what I did. I had a saddle on my Specialized Allez Comp that came with it and I loved it. After putting 3 years on it both of the sides close to the nose wore out. When I went to my LBS to buy a replacement they were discontinued and have since been replaced with the new BG saddles. So here is a lesson learned...
I ordered multiple saddles due to my "discontonued" expierience. Only after ordering them and talking to some friends did I realize that it is the same saddle that Lance and many other riders in the peloton use. Thus it won't be discontinued anytime soon.
So yes I have multiple new saddles sitting in my garage, but I know that they work and I would by that exact saddle as a replacement anyway.
Thanks for the help with the description. I am going to post up another thread asking about peoples experiences with the material. It isn't leather so I am cuirious with the durability.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lbs

It is actually a San Marco Concor Light Titanium. My LBS mechanic gave me one to try and it was like unlocking untapped potential. No more moving around, no more standing to get rid of pain. It fits me perfect. Here is the problem...
2. I'm a little confused. Does your post say that your LBS turned you on to the absolutely perfect saddle, and you liked their recommendation so much that you went home and mail-ordered 3 of them?
I think what HLS2k6 is saying, is that your LBS was working with you by providing a DEMO and you purchased the seat through the mail. Your LBS is providing you a service and will not stay in business if you're making your purchase online, mail, etc...

I try to support my local bike shop whenever I can, especially, if they are supporting me!

But, I could be wrong.

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,758 Posts
c0braje7 said:
Your not confused, that is exactly what I did. I had a saddle on my Specialized Allez Comp that came with it and I loved it. After putting 3 years on it both of the sides close to the nose wore out. When I went to my LBS to buy a replacement they were discontinued and have since been replaced with the new BG saddles. So here is a lesson learned...
I ordered multiple saddles due to my "discontonued" expierience. Only after ordering them and talking to some friends did I realize that it is the same saddle that Lance and many other riders in the peloton use. Thus it won't be discontinued anytime soon.
So yes I have multiple new saddles sitting in my garage, but I know that they work and I would by that exact saddle as a replacement anyway.
Thanks for the help with the description. I am going to post up another thread asking about peoples experiences with the material. It isn't leather so I am cuirious with the durability.
More directly: he said that your shop helped you out by loaning you saddles until one finally fit your body after a full year of trying. It was very generous of them.

Then you turn around and mail order 3 of them, effectively kicking your shop in the ass by not supporting their business or nice gesture. Great job, dude.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mail ordered them at my LBS mechanics request! I get the whole support your LBS thing. Calm down guys, I am not trying to turn this into a flame war I was trying to get some information about the saddle. My mechanic said that they were difficult to find and that ordering them would be my best bet. I asked if I should order it through the shop or via the mail and he response was we can have it for you in a few weeks. I have a ride on the 4th of July and waiting wasn't an option.
Had time not been an issue it wouldn't have been mail ordered but I appriciate your curiosity and not knowing the entire story before bashing me over the situation.

·
Chili hed & old bike fixr
1,197 Posts
Similar experience

I don't want to take any chances, but if it is the same saddle just with different rails then I am good to go. If it isn't then I will send it back for the "exact" matching saddle, I don't want to open the packaging in case I have to return the saddles. Please if anyone knows, let me know![/QUOTE]

I cannot answer your question about that model, but I can tell you that the San Marco Regal Cr-Mo, that I dearly love feels much different than the San Marco Regal Ti(not so loved). Similar situation, same basic design, different rails.
You still should have bought one Mail order. Tried it out and then bought 2 more from the LBS.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
How about

curlybike said:
I don't want to take any chances, but if it is the same saddle just with different rails then I am good to go. If it isn't then I will send it back for the "exact" matching saddle, I don't want to open the packaging in case I have to return the saddles. Please if anyone knows, let me know!
I cannot answer your question about that model, but I can tell you that the San Marco Regal Cr-Mo, that I dearly love feels much different than the San Marco Regal Ti(not so loved). Similar situation, same basic design, different rails.
You still should have bought one Mail order. Tried it out and then bought 2 more from the LBS.[/QUOTE]

Why not call the manufacturer. They'll probably know better than anyone here. It probably won't be hard in this age of technology to google them. If you can't reach them directly, see if company you got them from knows.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. I actually went back into the bike shop and they let me use the demo for a little while longer. In the meantime I had them order me a few so I should be covered. So at the end of the day everyone is happy, I have a saddle that works with new ones on the way, my LBS is getting my business and everyone on the boards are happy!

It is a good day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.