Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in General but it might be better in this forum...

I have been going through saddles for over a year now and I finnaly found the one that fits me perfect. The funny thing is that it isn't a super light minimal saddle that I kept chasing. It is actually a San Marco Concor Light Titanium. My LBS mechanic gave me one to try and it was like unlocking untapped potential. No more moving around, no more standing to get rid of pain. It fits me perfect. Here is the problem...
I ordered 3 of them (just in case, what can I say, it feels that fgood and I don't want to take a chance that it gets discontinued).
The problem is that in my rush to order them I ordered San Marco Concor Light TX-CO Rail Saddles instead. I was under the impression that it is the same saddle just a little lighter due to the different rails. Can someone please confirm this???
The material is different as welll and the Selle San Marcos is more like a decal. On the one my LBS gave me the saddle is leather and the Selle San Marcos is stiched on.

I don't want to take any chances, but if it is the same saddle just with different rails then I am good to go. If it isn't then I will send it back for the "exact" matching saddle, I don't want to open the packaging in case I have to return the saddles. Please if anyone knows, let me know!

· Registered
453 Posts
Well, this is the titanium:

and this is the TX:

They don't look the same from the pics, the TX looks like it slopes up a lot more in the back. As for the discontinued concern, this is what Lance rides, I don't see them stopping production any time soon.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reference photos. I am going to go ahead and try it out.

· chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
Same saddle, different rails

The saddle is the same, the pictures are at different angles so that is why the upslope at the rear looks more on the TX (there really is an upslope at the rear). The logos might be different on the rear, depending on when the saddle was produced. I personally do not like having any embroidered logos as they can irritate both lycra and flesh.

The only real difference between the Concor Lite Ti and Concor Lite TX-CO are the rails. The Ti rails are just that - 6Al/4V solid titanium. As far as I can determine, the TX-CO rails are tubular and are either some form of titanium or steel alloy. Despite my best efforts I cannot find the exact composition of the new rails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.