Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new saddle. I'm a skinny racer type, but I can't stand the mini hard saddles like a flite. For reference, I like the old school Turbos, and the saddle I'm replacing is a 1993 specialized prolong (oh the comfort!).

What should I be looking at? I don't want body geometry, and I've never found myself wanting for a nether-region's cutout or a big groove down the center. That said, the rock hard flite style seat doesn't work for me either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you tried the turbo 4 gel? It's still my most comfy saddle compared to my others:

XO Transam
SSM Azoto Trigel

If you get a Fizik Arione, can you report back? I'm curious to try this one too.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I'd be looking for old Turbos on Ebay. I like old Concors and got one for < $15.00. It's a little scuffed, but so am I. I tried a few new saddles since they stopped making the old ones, but none pleased my butt.

·
off the back
15,464 Posts
try deesidecycles.com. i ordered a couple of old-style turbos from them about 6 months ago, so i would assume they still have them in stock.

they looked to have a bit flatter profile than the circa 1989 turbo on my bike, but otherwise the same. the sides don't extend down quite as far, leaving the rails more exposed, and the rails are the newer manganese steel, but they weighed exactly the same as my older turbos, or avocet racing II's, that are just rebadged turbos.

·
Registered
344 Posts
shawndoggy said:
I need a new saddle. I'm a skinny racer type, but I can't stand the mini hard saddles like a flite. For reference, I like the old school Turbos, and the saddle I'm replacing is a 1993 specialized prolong (oh the comfort!).

What should I be looking at? I don't want body geometry, and I've never found myself wanting for a nether-region's cutout or a big groove down the center. That said, the rock hard flite style seat doesn't work for me either.
http://www.branfordbike.com/saddles/saddle1.html#item4

This looks similar in shape to old Turbos.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have a Turbo you can have...

Send me $5 for shipping and I will send you an old Turbo I have around the house. It came on an older Merckx that I bought last year. It's in good shape, no tears in the leather, steel rails.... not really worth selling, but it's worth the cost of shipping it to you.

email me at [email protected] if you want it.

Russ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts